Here at Flooring Direct, our collection of laminate flooring has something for everyone.
From the contemporary colours and low-cost, low-maintenance appeal of the Vista range, through to the ultra-authentic appeal of Balterio Grande Citadelle Oak timber floors, you’re bound to find what you need.
We have flooring options available to fit any space, layout, or budget.
Shop our flooring offers in Auckland today!
Exploring Your Choices for Laminate Flooring in Auckland
Is laminate flooring for your Auckland home the right choice? This cost-effective solution has been around for a long time, but today, there are more visual options and styles than ever. Whether you want to recreate the look of timber flooring throughout your living spaces or you want to provide a durable and long-lasting surface in your kitchen, laminate is worth your attention. At Flooring Direct Ltd., we're proud to make it easy for everyone in Auckland to explore, select, and have brand new laminate solutions installed, all under one roof. We know floors with years of experience, and we know how to help you select the perfect products.
Join us for this quick guide to our laminate solutions, including helpful hints, things to know, and more information about the types of flooring products we have waiting for you.
Myths About Laminate in Auckland
As you start to consider the many types of planks and laminate tile flooring we provide, check to see if you've fallen for some of the common misconceptions about this solution. The laminate today is not the same as the old flooring styles of yesteryear, and some things that might have been true in the past aren't any longer. Let's dispel a few of these myths:
- "Laminate is a flimsy flooring material." False. Although some products from decades past might not have had the same level of quality, today's manufacturing techniques by brand leaders translate into flooring solutions that can take a beating and continue to look good in your home or business.
- "Brown laminate flooring is all there is." It's surprising, but many people still have an incorrect image in their minds of what laminates look like. Today, the colour options are just as diverse as natural timber, along with variations in plank size, shape, and image variation.
- "Laminate is hard to maintain." Not true. Laminate is particularly easy to care for with the right products and techniques today, and there are even simple options for repairs when surfaces do receive scuffs.
The Benefits of Waterproof Laminate
One of the most popular options for flooring we offer is waterproof laminate, which often features a special proprietary surface coating created to repel water. These water-resistant surfaces provide many benefits for homeowners, and you'll find they're especially ideal for situations when you want to upgrade your kitchen with laminate flooring. Some of the advantages include:
- Make spills a no-stress affair. Especially important for families with young children, water resistance ensures that it's easy to quickly clean up liquid spills without worrying about long-term damage to your laminate planks, such as warping or discolouration.
- Enjoy a kitchen flooring solution that can stand up to the high level of traffic — and frequent moisture — over time. Think about places such as the entryway to your home, which might encounter muddy shoes and more. A stronger laminate here can stand up to these harsh conditions.
- Choose a wide variety of visual styles without losing the opportunity to have a more water-resistant floor in multiple spaces. Today's water-repelling options come in more varieties than ever.
Problems You Can Address by Installing Laminate Flooring
The flooring that you choose has a significant impact on your home, both in terms of the way it looks and in how spaces function. Whether you're replacing an older type of flooring or you're tearing up carpet for the first time, there are several problems you can address by choosing from wholesale laminate flooring options for your project. You'll bypass concerns such as:
- The high costs of timber. While natural timber flooring can be beautiful, it is also often expensive. Laminate provides you with a durable option that can cost a fraction of the price of a timber equivalent.
- Potentially labour and cost-intensive removal of old flooring for the installation of non-laminated floorings. Because some laminates "float," they don't need extensive preparation before installation. Other flooring options don't come with that same convenience.
- Inconsistency in flooring appearance and difficulty in protecting the surface. For some, a regular appearance throughout the flooring installation is essential, and the natural variations of timber aren't so easy to control.
What Types of Laminate Flooring Installation in Auckland We Offer?
With a clearer sense of what to expect from timber laminate, why not dive into the different styles and options we offer? With dozens of other products sourced from leading manufacturers, we make the entire process as easy as possible. Take a quick look at what you can expect to find in our catalogue:
- Balterio timber-look laminate comes in various colours, including a birch-like greyish white, a yellow option similar to raw timber, and several browns. These floating laminates install quickly, feature a matte surface that reflects light beautifully, and has a high durability rating.
- Floorscape products including Clix laminate, a European-manufactured product that comes with a three-year warranty on its surface waterproofing. A scratch-resistant product, these options are perfect for those troublesome high traffic areas.
- Quick-Step products such as the Creo range for a natural wood look or the majestic line for a wide-plank appearance that replicate natural timber's appearance more closely.
With Flooring Direct Ltd., you have even more options aside from laminate. We also provide other hard flooring options such as natural timber, vinyl, and luxury vinyl tiles. We have carpet, too, in many styles — so you can re-floor an entire home with just one provider.
What Sets Flooring Direct Apart Regarding Laminate Installation?
We do more than supply products such as clean and beautiful white laminate flooring — we carry out installations, too. From supply to installation and even old flooring removal, we aim to provide a complete service for our clients, translating into better outcomes every time. What have we done to stand apart and make our service the clear choice?
- We offer an end-to-end solution for our clients to make the entire process more accessible. When you purchase laminate plank flooring, we do more than simply supply you with the materials. We'll also handle the removal of old flooring (when necessary) and provide a made-to-measure installation service that results in pristine outcomes every time.
- We provide a completely free consultation, including measurements at your home, so you can decide with all the information you need. Let's visit together, view flooring samples, and explore what kinds of laminate would look and function best within your home.
- Our customer service is second to none, and we keep you fully "in the loop" about the status of your order and upcoming installation. We don't make our clients chase after answers with endless phone calls and emails. Once you place an order with us, we're always working to make sure you receive results soon.
Tips for Caring for Wooden Laminate Flooring
After installation, you can anticipate enjoying beautiful new white, brown, or grey laminate flooring that retains its good looks for many years to come. However, it's a good idea to consider what you'll need to do to properly care for this type of flooring after installation. Here are our three top cleaning tips:
- Always review the materials from the manufacturer that accompany the flooring you purchase. We'll ensure you have these materials to review as they often come packaged with each set of planks. This manual will often have manufacturer-specific tips and tricks for cleaning your new floors, usually including some recommended cleaning products.
- Clean spills and staining materials up as soon as possible; don't let spills settle in to the floor or dry. Water-resistant floors will repel the liquids and make them easy to wipe away for convenient cleaning. Fixing the issue could be more difficult if you let the water seep into the floor.
- Avoid abrasive cleaners. Microfibre mops are often the best choice for laminate floors, as you can still scrub away stains without risking scratching or otherwise damaging the shiny matte surface of the laminate.
About Our Warranty and Guarantee
At Flooring Direct, we want our clients to feel good about their decision to work with us at every stage. To create the peace of mind that you're after, we've implemented a full warranty and quality service guarantee so you can select our team with absolute confidence in our capabilities. Here's what you need to know about our guarantees:
- We guarantee your satisfaction with our process from end to end. We prioritise efficiency and avoiding many of the common bottlenecks that make re-flooring projects take too long. As a family-run business, we know how important it is to minimise disruptions, and better service means faster results.
- We provide products that come with a range of manufacturers warranties whose terms only begin upon installation. With different options such as three-year damage warranties and 20 to 25-year overall craftsmanship guarantees, we connect you with products that deliver real peace of mind for buyers.
- We also promise to always be kind, courteous, and transparent at each stage. We don't deal in hidden fees or surprise add-ons that make your experience worse.
Why Flooring Direct Ltd is Your Most Cost-Effective Option
When you can choose one business to handle every aspect of your new flooring project, you don't have to worry about coordinating multiple services. Leave the heavy lifting and project planning to our team so you can instead focus on keeping up with the daily demands of life. When the time for installation comes, you can trust in our quick, efficient work and excellent outcomes. From our "do it right the first time" approach to our quality guarantee, we aim to make changing your floors a stress-free experience. Visit us today or call for more information.