Carpet Fibre Types
A natural fibre from sheep, wool is renewable and sustainable.
- Wool carpets have a natural and soft luxurious feel.
- The unique fibre structure is strong and hard-wearing and provides natural protection to help resist staining and soiling.
- Wool carpets absorb noise so are quiet and naturally flame retardent so are safe.
- Wool's natural properties help keep your home cool in summer and warm in winter.
- Wool fibres are natural, renewable and biodegradeable.
Wool, mixed with a synthetic fibre.
- Wool blends are usually 80% wool and 20% synthetic fibre but also come in a variety of other ratios.
- Offer the resilience and durability found in synthetic fibres with the natural appearance and luxurious feel of wool.
- Mixing synthetic fibre with wool can help to hold the twist definition in some carpet styles, providing improved wearing ability and reduced shedding from short fibres.
A new fibre made with 37% renewably sourced polymer from corn sugar*.
- Extremely soft, it provides high stain, soil, wear and colourfast performance.
- Triexta fibres are made with polymer from 37% corn sugar*.
- *DuPont Sorona contains 37% renewably sourced ingredients by weight.
- Greenhouse gas emissions from the production of Sorona are 63% lower than nylon 6.
A synthetic fibre that helps resist fading from the sun and is stain resistant.
- Available in a wide range of vibrant colours with long lasting colourfastness.
- Fade resistance that is built into the carpet and doesn't wear off, giving you the confidence to open up your home and let the sun shine in!
- Great stain resistance properties that make it easy to clean.
A synthetic fibre.
- Nylon carpets provide long term resilience, durability and stain resistance.
- As nylon fibres readily accept dye they have a large colour palette.
- Is a versatile fibre type that can be made in many carpet styles.
A less expensive synthetic fibre.
- Polyester carpets are less expensive.
- Beautifully soft, they are well suited to low traffic areas.
- Are less luxurious but still soft and provide good colourfastness.
Polypropylene is a less expensive synthetic fibre manufactured from man-made materials.
- Polypropylene carpets are less expensive, colourfast and resist most stains.
- Usually manufactured into loop style carpets, they are great for low traffic areas.